Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Science Blog 6

In class activity: stations.

In our science class, we have been learning about the exciting subject of defraction, waves, and reflection. After our quiz on this, we performed this interesting activity, a rotation of stations. In these stations I discovered many new things. I did stations that showed me how colors are defracted, and how light is reflected. For one, these stations showed me the colors in a bubble defracted, and how light can be reflected off of one surface onto another. This one station showed me how water is a box. The water reflects images off of the surface, but you can not see out of the box because the water also reflects inside the box too. Or when I saw the colors defracted from the white light on the bubble, I learned that light seperates colors. I also learned about the persistence of image. An image projected onto a surface is still there in the air. When a rod is waved, it almost looks like a wall. So the image is projected onto the "wall".
All in all, I think that these stations were very prominent in the learning of these subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment